Why It Works:
- Allows you to set goals for BMI and body weight, and track your progress toward those goals
- It provides a variety of Aerobic, Isotonic, and Isometric exercises.
- It promotes competition, whether it be to beat your own high score, or beat those that also use your Wii Fit
Why It Doesn’t Work:
- It is easy to “cheat” at the games, meaning you can still do well but with minimal physical effort.
- If you spend most of your time playing the Balance Games, you will not get much exercise.
- You have to use the Wii Fit for it to work. Just like any other exercise, it only works if you do it.
The Wii Fit should not be seen as a replacement for a full exercise regiment. In my opinion it is best for times when you cannot make it to the gym, or the weather prevents you from running or biking. It is definitely better than no exercise at all though. Just remember to stay motivated and set achievable goals.